On The Up & Up

/ 22 May, 2014 /
I've been quiet on the blog front a month or so now, juggling a few things on my plate.  Let's see what's been up!

I have two editorial features in two different magazines featuring photos of the same guy.  Which has meant working double time on the weekends to capture what I need.  Can't say which magazines as neither is official and I have no idea about the release dates.  It's just meant zero time to myself up until recently.  Plus side is I've had access to a few other characters I'd never get to shoot otherwise!  Some killer shots I'm happy with that I need to pitch around.

There's the polaroid project I've been working on which is due to get some exposure on the Impossible Project soon as I get the time to respond to some questions.  They were going to feature photos of mine from their Silvershade Tour, but that seems like it was placed on the backburner. Oh well!  Plus side, scanned a few months worth of photos in two late night sessions.  Updated my portfolio to reflect the new body of work.  Sent off my polaroids to a few magazines for the fun of it.  We'll see how that goes.

As I said, I've been working on my portfolio site.  Surprisingly, that takes up a lot more time than I thought it would.  I'll look, rearrange, look through my archives, edit, and add new photos.  There are a number of photos that have sat and with fresh eyes, you see them for what they are finally.

It paid off though to work on that as I applied for a photo assisting internship with photographer Vijat Mohindras on Monday and ended up landing the gig on a Wednesday.  I start on Friday.  Pretty damn awesome.  It's part PR, photo assistant, and admin work.  My work life summed up right there!

So that's what's up here.  There are a few posts I've been meaning to write.  Maybe I'll draft something up over the weekend...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 Through the Lens